Ammi and Abbu










I had been very nostalgic lately due to my parents departure after 5 months of memorable holiday with them. I jokingly said to my mum a day before she left that I better get one strand of hair form her  so I can make her clone in my lab (as I am daily working with gene cloning in my internship).

Yesterday, in a conversation with my brother and recalling some good times with our parents, he said to me 'But I don't miss mom so much as I get to see you around, a younger version of her with me!'

This statement just gave me a whole different perspective about myself; I often see their pictures when I miss them, or recall a memory of them or call them up but what I usually forget is I AM actually THEM...My DNA is theirs and I carry them around with me wherever I go!

So if you are missing them while reading my post, take a moment out and look at yourself, feel yourself and you'll find them in YOU. 'They are you and you are them, wherever you go and whatever you do' 


Your beloved daughter,
Khadija

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Ehd e wafa" ~ "The promise of Loyalty"

Have you ever wondered the difference between your conscious and subconscious self?

What were we doing on 31st Dec 2019? Just think once...